Thursday, January 12, 2006

We're wooking!!!

Dat is what mommie has been smiling about!! She's wooking to find me a new buddy!! Dis is da fing dough, we're not wooking at puppies. Mommie says dat dey are weally cute, but she doesn't fink dat we hab what it takes to waise a puppy wight now. Puppies are a wot ob fun, but dey also need a wot ob attention and mommie's not home all day to gibe dat kind ob attention and she doesn't fink dat it would be fair to any widdle baby. So, mommie has been talking to some wonderful rescue people!! Mommie says dat rescue is da best way to say "I wub you" so dat is what we want to do. Besides, dat's how I came to mommie's house and just wook at how I turned out!!! (Ask Santa!! He will tell you dat I hab been very good and I don't eben hab to be good right now!!!)

Mommie told me not to get too anxious. Dis kind ob fing doesn't always go fast. It could take weeks or months or eben a year or more. When it's time the right dog will drop right in our lap!! Until den, mommie and I can use dis time to spoil me. Waff

Mommie has dis habit, she wikes to name after locations. Wike, Arizona was very obvious, cause, well, it's a state. Mommie picked my name but it's not so obvious what da location is. Here is how it works. Buttercup Baywee Irish Cream. Mommie picked da buttercup name because she said dat it is dainty and delicate just wike me (waff) and Baywee is from dis beautiful Colorado mountain town, Baywee Colorado, and da irish cream was thrown in because she said dat my brindle color wooked wike nice hot coffee wiff baywee irish cream being poured through and stired gently. So dat's how I got my name. Good fing dat Awi was already named "porkchops & applesause" huh? I fink dat fit her better den me!!

Anyway, dis is one ob da pages dat we're using to wook up unusual names: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_interesting_or_unusual_place_names

And now I know why mommie was doing dat whole frog fing!! She found a name ob a town in Texas dat she wubs!! She says dat she bets dat dere is no doggie out dere wiff dis wonderful name... Frogknot. Den we could call dis doggie Froggie (or knotty when he's bad!!! waff) It's just fun to wook up names. It keeps us busy while we wait.

Your pal,

Baywee who is a flower, not a frog

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Baywee, that is wonderful news, and I know your mommie will find you the perfect new playmate, no matter how long it takes her to do it. Angels Impy and Max and your angel sister Arizona are so happy for you and for your mommie.

Cassie is a rescue, too, in our house, and it is wonderful giving a rescue a loving home like yours.

Of course, you know that, cause you were a rescue!!

Love,
Diane

Anonymous said...

Deer Baywee,
We are berry happy dat your mommie is getting you a new broder or sister. We were listening to mommy and daddy talking about you de oder nite at dinner time. Mommy said your mommie was up to sumtin and was not telling you. We thot this was a awlful thing to do to you. Den our mommy said she thot your mommy was going to get a new broder or sister for you. We were so happy we all started wagging our mutley tales and hoped her wish was right.
We are all so happy to hear the good news. We were all rescued too and mommy and daddy tell us we're extra special. Pwease don't tell Ruby, but mom says even though she's rescued it is harder to raise her cause she's a puppy. Mommy and daddy both say dere won't be a puppy here anymore. Dey are not mean dough because dey say puppies find homes easier.
We all hope you do not have to wait long but we know your extra special broder or sister will find you soonl

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you, I know you will find a perfect buddy. Can't wait till the good news arrives!

Anonymous said...

Whoa!! My momma wescued me from too!! I was weally, weally skinny and all my hair was coming out. My two wegger sister Ainslea kept wooking at me weally funny. Now she tells me I'm bootiful.
Dis is da best news for you Bays. Your momma is a smart wadie.